Most agents think they’re networking when they hand out a business card and slap a new acquaintance on the back. However, true networking is all about getting people to “know, like and trust” you. After all, this is why people will buy from you. How do you become one of these esteemed people? You ask questions, to encourage people to talk about themselves. And, then by you being the first one to do the referring in a relationship. If you help others selflessly, you will reap the benefits.
Here Are 10 Questions You Should Ask When Networking… (by Bob Burg)
- “How did you get your start in the widget business?”
- “What do you enjoy most about your profession?”
- “What separates you and your company from the competition?”
- “What advice would you give someone just starting in the widget business?”
- “What one thing would you do with your business if you knew you could not fail?”
- “What significant changes have you seen take place in your profession through the years?”
- “What do you see as the coming trends in the widget business?”
- “Describe the strangest or funniest incident you’ve experienced in your business?”
- “What ways have you found to be the most effective for promoting your business?”
- “What one sentence would you like people to use in describing the way you do business?”
Now Ask The One “Key” Question That Will Set You Apart From Everyone Else…
“How can I know if someone I’m speaking with is a good prospect for you?”
There is a reason why Today’s ‘Top Producers‘ are ‘long time’ members of our Insurance Marketing and Sales Resource Center™, are investing in our specialized systems, and are attending our live training events…
Jeremy Nason, RFC is the co-founder of the Insurance Pro Shop™ -“The first affordable, full-service insurance marketing and sales resource center for today’s Financial Pro, and Found Money Management™, a system dedicated to helping Middle-Income Families to ‘Live Debt Free and Truly Wealthy!’ For more articles visit his blog!